Monday, August 6, 2012

Perplexed But Not In Despair


Perplexed But Not In Despair

2 Corinthians 4:8-10 We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.

Paul tells us that sometimes we are perplexed, which means we are baffled.  I had a situation that happen to me this week during bible study.  We had a gentleman come into the bible study while I was teaching and told me I was a rebellious woman because I was preaching the gospel.  He gave the same ole same ole scripture about Paul telling women that they must be silent in the church.  Now we know that Paul did say this but he was speaking to women on how they should deal with their husbands at the church.  Church is not the time to be busy bodies is what he was saying in that text.  Paul was letting women know that we should be quiet at the church because there is something being taught that is more important than all of the questions we are trying to get answers by our husbands. He is telling women that questions are fine, but ask them at home.


Here’s my point, I was perplexed, baffled and amazed in some ways that a person that joined our church on Sunday would be so bold to come in on Tuesday and condemn me and all women preachers. I was perplexed, but not in despair. It shocked me for about two seconds however this weekend I’ve already begun to prepare for next weeks sermon. I am not in despair! To be in despair is to think that all hope is gone. It can’t be fixed or in this situation to ask myself “did God really call me?” Well, he did….no man or woman validates that, God does….

DIVAS… times can get hard for all of us, but I want you to know today (receive this word) God will not leave you in despair. He won’t leave you without any hope, he loves you, he’s there for you…..and he is good all the time.

God Bless You and remember to go as far as God is willing to take you.

Pastor Juanita

No comments:

Post a Comment